Tuesday, November 19, 2002

THE PROUD RETURN OF THE MONDAY MISSION!

1. When I was a teenager, I used to ride all the "spin-y" rides at the fair and fun parks. I'd never get dizzy or sick, and I could ride them all day. My favorite was the Tilt-A-Whirl. Now I should call it the "Tilt-A-Hurl" because it seems I can't even get on a Merry-Go-Round without feeling queasy. Is there anything you used to be able to do physically that you no longer can? What changed?
I used to be able to eat those marshmellow circus peanuts when I was a kid, but now the mere sight of them makes me queasy. It could have a little something to do with a bad experience I had one night at a circus in Seattle...
2. If you could go to lunch with someone famous, anyone living or dead, who would you choose? What questions would you ask them?
I'd definitely go to lunch with Jesus, and I'd want to hear the whole story, firsthand...so, Jesus, tell me about the tomb? Where were you when you were dead, did you go to heaven or were you just hanging out in the tomb? When did you first know you were the Son of God?
3. On that same thought, there are probably several Bloggers you enjoy reading but have never met in real life. Which one Blogger would you most like to meet for dinner? Why did you pick that person? What would you talk about? What do you have in common? What would you do after dinner?
James Lileks, definitely. I just think I'd like him the most. We'd talk about pizza and The Sopranos and cute baby tricks, and after dinner we'd both leave.
4. Money (or the lack thereof) is the number one cause of arguments amongst couples. Do you find this to be true? If there really was a "Money Tree" you could go an pick, would this really solve a couple's problems?
Money is not the problem between most couples. The real issue is control, so a money tree wouldn't help. They'd argue about when the money was ripe and could be picked.
5. Speaking of arguments, have you ever been drawn into any nasty, hateful arguments? The kind where hurtful things were said that had nothing to do with the fight at hand? What was that all about? How did it turn out?
I try not to get into those arguments. I usually just stop talking if it's getting ugly.
6. When was the last time you had to admit you were wrong about something? How did that go?
Law school is a humbling experience. Yesterday I had to admit I was wrong about something, right in front of my entire Civil Procedure class. However, since I have CivPro twice a week it's getting to be a familiar experience, so it's no longer that traumatic.
7. Now for a slight change of theme....what song should never have been written?
That "Ironic" song. If she actually knew what the word meant, she'd never have written that stupid song.

1 comment: